He is an internationally acclaimed expert on Content Management. He has spoken at hundreds of conferences and workshops in some 25 countries. He has written three books. His last book, Content Critical, was described as the "Bible" of Content Management by Knowledge Management Review.Mr. McGovern has been helping organizations build large Websites since 1995. He has designed everything from search engines to Content Management software. His clients include: Novartis, Schlumberger, Lloyds TSB, Microsoft, Hewlett Packard, U.S Environmental Protection Agency. Mr. McGovern's workshops are very highly regarded. Here's a sample of the feedback:
"Gerry just dazzled the audience, telling them exactly what they wanted. That's what earned him the rank of "Best-Rated Presenter" at the conference and with the high-caliber of presenters that he was competing against, that's no small feat."
Jared M. Spool, Usability Pioneer and Chair of the User Interface Conference
"We found Gerry's workshop very refreshing and stimulating and we try to make the learnings part of our DNA as editors."
Peter Wagenaar, Editor, Microsoft Netherlands
"Knowledge is about capturing and sharing. Your workshop is a knowledge fest; well designed and very enjoyable."
Wayne Knack, Director Australian Computer Society, Professional Development Board
"The participants rated you highest of all speakers at Intracom 2002, Canada."
Claude Malaison,President of Intracom 2002
"Gerry has a gift for making the complex simple, the basics fresh, and the important compellingly so. This he accomplished with irrefutable logic, a dollop of wit, and a double serving of passion. The man knows his stuff - and will make a believer out of you."
David Shaw, Asia-Pacific Brand & Communications Manager, HP Services, Hewlett-Packard Company
Free articles from this speaker...
- 2008 June - Killer Web Content
- 2007 August - Customer focus is the secret to web success
- 2007 February - Customer focus is the secret to Web success
- 2006 February - Prove the value of your web content with numbers
- 2005 June - Killer web content is the future
- 2004 September - Content management: time to put content first
Past events by this speaker
- From 05/22/08 to 05/23/08 - Using Task Management to create Customer-Centric Websites
- From 06/11/07 to 06/12/07 - Customer-Centric Website
- From 05/31/06 to 06/01/06 - Content Management: manage the content, not the software
- From 12/15/05 to 12/16/05 - Best Practices in Content Management
- From 04/21/05 to 04/22/05 - Best Practices in Content Management
- From 10/25/04 to 10/26/04 - Best Practices in Content Management