Ten Steps to Data Quality
Simply put, information quality is providing the correct set of accurate information, at the correct time and place, to the correct people. However, ensuring quality information is far from simple.
Those attending this course learn a practical approach to improving and creating the quality of data and information critical to their organization, satisfying customers, and achieving company goals.
Both foundational Data Quality concepts and practical instruction are included. Attendees should come prepared to participate as discussion and individual and group exercises are an integral part of the course, along with lecture and presentation.
Attendees will receive course materials, templates, and handouts for future reference. They have the opportunity to apply what they have learned in the course to a situation relevant to their organization.
The delegates will also receive a copy of the book “Executing Data Quality Projects: Ten Steps to Quality Data and Trusted Information™” by Danette McGilvray.
What you will learn
- State their current Data Quality challenges and objectives
- Understand concepts fundamental to Data Quality Management, such as the Framework for Information Quality, Data Quality dimensions, Business impact techniques, root cause analysis techniques etc.
- Choose the appropriate steps/activities from the Ten Steps process to address their Business needs
- Obtain templates and examples to apply to their own situations
- The Framework for Information Quality
- The Information Life Cycle
- The Ten Step™ process
- Analyzing the information environment
- Assessing Data Quality and Business impact
- Conducting root cause analysis
- Implementing controls
- Essential communication to meet information quality needs
- Real-life application of the framework and methodology