Lean Data and Application Integration using Data Virtualization
Data is increasingly becoming a crucial asset for organizations to survive in today’s fast moving business world. In addition, data becomes more valuable if enriched and/or fused with other data. Unfortunately, enterprise data is dispersed by most organizations over numerous systems all using different technologies. To bring all that data together is and has always been a major technological challenge.
For each system that requires data from several systems, different integration solutions are deployed. In other words, integration silos have been developed that over time has led to a complex integration labyrinth. The disadvantages are clear:
- Inconsistent integration specifications
- Inconsistent results
- Decreased time to market
- Increased development costs
- Increased maintenance costs
The bar for integration tools and technology has been raised: the integration labyrinth has to disappear. It must become easier to integrate systems, and integration solutions should be easier to design and maintain to keep up with the fast changing business world. In addition, organizations are now confronted with new technologies such as Big Data systems and applications running in the Cloud. All these new demands are changing the rules of the integration game.
All these new requirements demand that integration solutions are developed in a more agile way. One of the technologies making this possible today is Data Virtualization.
This one-day seminar focuses on Data Virtualization. The advantages of Data Virtualization are explained; products are compared, application areas are discussed; and the relationship with related topics, such as MDM, Data Governance, and SOA are discussed as well.
What you will learn
- How Data Virtualization could be used to integrate data in a more agile way
- How to embed Data Virtualization in Business Intelligence systems
- How Data Virtualization can be used for integrating on-premised and Cloud applications
- How to migrate to a more agile integration system
- How Data Virtualization products work
- How to avoid well-known pitfalls
- How to learn from real-life experiences with Data Virtualization
- Introduction to Data Virtualization
- The changing world of data and application integration
- Under the hood of a Data Virtualization server
- Caching for performance and scalability
- Query optimization techniques
- A Business Intelligence architecture based on Data Virtualization
- Data Virtualization and SOA
- Data Virtualization and Master Data Management
- Data Virtualization, Information Management and Data Governance
- The future of Data Virtualization