How to be a Great Architect:
Skills, Principles, Techniques
Many organizations have adopted enterprise, IT or business architecture, created architecture organizations, and given people the job title of ‘architect’. Unfortunately, just having the title doesn’t give you the proper skills or industry best practices associated with being an architect. At the same time, many IT professionals and Business Analysts want to develop the necessary skills to advance their career and become architects.
Luckily, there is help. This tutorial focuses on the skills needed to be a great architect. Whether you’ve been an architect and want to sharpen your skills, you aspire to architecture, or have just become an architect, this course will provide practical principles, skills, and techniques for improving your job. The skills and fundamentals covered in the course are applicable to a wide range of architectural domains including enterprise, business, IT, solution, and software architecture.
The course develops the architectural skills required to carrying a project through its lifecycle from ideation and conception through design and implementation. It also covers techniques involved with a central architecture organization, governance, and the engagement models and interactions with different stakeholders. It is structured as a mix of presentation, interactive discussion and group based exercises, so participants get the chance to apply the concepts learned to example scenarios during the facilitated exercises.
What you will learn
- Applying architectural principles to decision making
- Effective inquiry and analysis of problems
- Conceptualizing and visualizing a solution
- Formalizing architecture as specification
- Interaction with stakeholders
Architecture Principles and Skills
- Architecture skills overview
- Architecture principles
- The architecture of architecture
- Modeling skills
- Thinking like an architect
- System Thinking
- Critical Thinking
- Contextualization and conceptualization
Visualization and Communications
- Designing and performing architectural assessments
- Architectural review
- Architecture programs and teams