THE CONNECTED ENTERPRISE:
Cloud, Mobile, and the Internet of Things
International Conference 2014
The boundaries of IT seem to be expanding as rapidly as the universe. The most disruptive forces are Cloud, Mobile, and the Internet of Things (IoT). The Cloud has become an essential part of the IT infrastructure, well suited for the scalable deployment of services, but often with little or no control by enterprise IT. On the client side, mobile devices have pushed the boundaries of IT and pose an even greater management challenge. The IoT is the latest disruptive force, adding 50 Billion objects of the physical world to the IT landscape within the next few years.
The driving force behind the expanding boundaries is the move to a Connected Enterprise – connecting people, applications, and processes, unified with the physical world. Physical objects are connected to a Cloud, which provides the scalability that is required to manage Millions of devices; the Cloud also hosts new applications that are built using new technologies like PaaS; in many cases the user interaction is implemented on a mobile device to support employees in the field; and, of course, everything needs to be integrated with enterprise systems like custom built applications, ERP and CRM.
How can corporate IT survive this expansion, go beyond just supporting the business, and take the lead in new initiatives? Defining and executing the vision of the integrated IT ecosystem is key to realizing the value that the Connected Enterprise promises: optimize operations, generate new revenue streams, enable employees, and be closer to your customers. Learn from industry thought leaders how to navigate the challenges, capture the opportunities, and understand today’s solutions and best practices to successfully manage the transformation to the Connected Enterprise.
- The Connected Enterprise: Vision and Execution (Keynote)
- Using PaaS Tools to Develop Connected Cloud Applications
- The Internet of Things (IoT) - New Business Models and the Impact on IT
- Deep Dive: Step-by-Step Instructions for Building a Successful Connected Solution
- The Enterprise Store – Central Intelligence for the Connected Enterprise
- Mobilizing the Enterprise
- Selecting the Right Architecture, Platforms and Tools for Mobile Applications
- APIs - Glue for the Connected Enterprise
- Why Integration is the Key to the Truly Connected Enterprise
- Making the Internet of Things Real for Business - A Case Study