The New Integration Manifesto:
Cloud, Mobile, and the Internet of Things
How to integrate applications and data stores in a predictable, consistent and repeatable fashion is a challenge that has remained among the top priorities of most CIOs. At the same time the new mega trends of Cloud, Mobile, Social, and Big Data have quickly become a reality in most enterprises. How do we connect our core systems to the extended ecosystem of Cloud, Mobile devices, business partners, external app developers and always connected end users? In a recent forecast, Gartner Group predicted a 33% increase in integration cost over the next few years.
Much of this cost increase is driven by the need for Cloud and Mobile integration. Legacy applications are migrated to the cloud, or their business functions are replaced by SaaS, and new applications are purpose-built for the cloud. Now we have applications and data residing in different Clouds and on-premise, and they have a multitude of interdependencies. Mobile apps often need to access and be synchronized with back-end applications.
Many companies are prone to fall into the trap of repeating the “integration spaghetti” of the 1990s. The integration technology landscape today is becoming increasingly more complex - companies face a wide variety of approaches and middleware platforms that could be utilized. We will look at data integration, a long standing staple for any company: what are the major use cases today and what functionality should you be looking for when selecting a tool. We will also look at application integration: how can we move legacy applications forward into a world of services and what middleware platforms can be used to integrate with the Cloud and across Clouds?
Leading companies have started to enable the extended ecosystem of mobile apps and business partner systems on a global scale. APIs are rapidly becoming the glue that allows us to safely and efficiently connect our internal systems to the world. Gartner predicts that by the end of 2014 more than 75% of the Global 1000 enterprises will have implemented an API program - but how will they maximize the value of such an initiative?
We will present a case study and put everything we have learned together so that the attendees of the seminar can start formulating a comprehensive integration strategy for their company.
What you will learn
- To understand how to solve the integration challenges when enterprise applications are extended to mobile
- To learn how to architect scalable Integration solutions that can be reused and how to integrate and reduce the complexity of your application portfolio
- To understand the major use cases for data integration and what functionality the leading technology platforms provide
- To learn how to integrate applications on-premise, in a cloud, and across Clouds
- To understand what Web APIs are, how they can be used to connect with your business partners, and how to attract a broad community of app developers to promote your brand
- To learn how different Middleware technologies can be used to integrate mobile, on-premise and Cloud applications
- To see why Services Based Architecture is an efficient approach to facilitate application integration on a large scale
- Integrating the Extended Enterprise
- The Integration Technology Landscape
- Data Integration
- Service Based Integration
- Integration Platforms
- Integrating applications on-premise, within and across Clouds
- Integrating Mobile Apps with Backend Applications
- Evolving the Digital Enterprise through APIs
- Putting It All Together