Advanced Function Point Analysis Workshop
Today's Function Point practitioner needs to know how to apply the rules to the changing world of software, which include many new methods including Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOA/OOD), new environments including Client/Server and Graphical User Interface (GUI), and new application types such as Web-based and Data Warehousing.
This workshop will discuss the challenges in sizing these new technologies using Function Point Analysis. The workshop combines classroom lecture and practical applications through real-world counting exercises.
What you will learn
- Apply the IFPUG counting practices manual, Release 4.1, counting rules to new technologies and environments
- Review Logical Data Groups
- Review various Object Oriented Analysis techniques and apply them to the IFPUG counting rules
- Discuss the concepts of Use Cases and apply this requirements documentation method to correctly identify Function Point transactions
- Review various Client/Server architectures, and understand how to apply the Function Point rules to this environment
- Discuss Web-based applications and identify components to be counted using FPA
- Understand the various Data Warehouse models and review the Function Point counting rules for this new application type.
- Function Point Analysis Review from a 4.1 Perspective
- Logical Data Groups
- Object Oriented Analysis (OOA) and Design (OOD)
- New Architectures:Applying Counting Rules to GUI Applications
- New Architectures:Applying Counting Rules to Client/Server Application
- New Applications:Applying Counting Rules to Web-Based Application
- New Applications:Applying Counting Rules to Data Warehouse Applications
- Other Advanced Topics
- Open Counting Clinic