Business Analysis Agility
Whether you work in an agile team, or write traditional specifications, the essential business analysis task is to uncover the real needs of the real customers. Without understanding the real need, it is extremely difficult to deliver real value.
Your organization is constantly having to adapt to the relentless changes to its environment – changes to the law, changes in the marketplace, changes in technology, and changes to the available opportunities. Any change results in a development effort to deliver a new or enhanced software system, business process, consumer product or service. Furthermore, the rate of change is so rapid that we simply don’t have time to get the wrong result and deliver the wrong solution.
This course is about using analytical skills to understand the real, underlying problem to solve. It is about integrating business analysis skills into your team regardless of whether it is an agile team, or a more traditional one producing a complete requirements specification. It is about ensuring that you always deliver the right solution, and that you deliver quickly.
The delegates will also receive a copy of the book "Business Analysis Agility" by Suzanne and James Robertson.
What you will learn
- How to identify the customer segments, and what is truly valuable to them
- How not to assume a solution, but to discover the real problem
- How to ensure your solution solves the right problem
- How safe-to-fail probes prove your solution delivers value
- How to design more usable solutions
- How to use story maps to display the narrative of your product
- How to integrate business analysis practices with agile delivery
- How business analysis agility helps you to write better traditional requirements specifications
- Agile Business Analysis
- Do You Know What Your Customers Value?
- Are You Solving the Right Problem?
- Investigate the Solution Space
- Designing the Solution
- Writing the Right Stories
- Jack Be Nimble, Jack Be Quick