From Business Intelligence to Digital Business:
Architecture and Technologies
by Barry Devlin
From Tuesday June 18 2019 to Wednesday June 19 2019
Price: 1,300.00 Euro
Residenza di Ripetta
Via di Ripetta 231
00186 Roma (RM)
Business Intelligence has made data the foundation of decision making since the 1990s. Now, Digital Business is fully reinventing decision making in this decade and the next, by combining the traditional physical and modern digital worlds in transformative ways. Digital Business puts information from every person and data from the entire physical world at decision makers’ fingertips. It challenges them to use it to augment or automate every aspect of business, to create a new every existing process, and to reinvent, not just decision making, but the entire enterprise.
The implications span the entire IT environment, reinvent the complete depth of business processes, and recreate the full breadth of the business organisation.
Such a complete makeover demands an inclusive architecture, powerful technologies, and enterprise-wide methods. This architecture incorporates all the technological advances in databases, NoSQL stores, and data preparation, as well as SOA, metadata, distributed access, collaboration, etc. And it directly addresses current issues, such as operational BI, strategic decision making, analytics, information discovery, and enterprise-wide decision management.
Expanding from his comprehensive and respected Business unIntelligence architecture to emerging topics such as the Internet of Things, algorithms, and Artificial Intelligence, Dr. Barry Devlin charts how business and IT together can design and build a Digital Business from the existing Data Warehouse and BI systems running enterprises today.
The delegates will also receive a copy of the book "Business unIntelligence: Insight and Innovation beyond Analytics and Big Data" by Barry Devlin
What you will learn
- Business drivers and technical rationale for Business unIntelligence
- Structure and components of the new architecture
- Possibilities and challenges of new database and data management technologies, including Hadoop, NoSQL, column stores and other analytic appliances
- Using data virtualization and ETL as tools for integration of all types of content and data
- Positioning and using algorithms and Artificial Intelligence in support of decision making
- The importance of user context and roles in decision processes
- Practical steps to grow and improve your current Data Warehouse to the new architecture
- The Meaning and Implications of Digital Business
- Business unIntelligence Architecture-Business Drivers and Technological Evolution
- Data and Information-the Foundation for Everything
- Formal and Informal Business Processes-Getting from Information to Action
- People-Action-Oriented Decision Making and Engaging Innovation
- Planning and Implementation
- Emerging Ethical and Economic Considerations