From Analytics to Artificial Intelligence:
Digital Transformation of Decision Making
From Friday June 26 2020 to Friday June 26 2020
Price: 700.00 Euro
Residenza di Ripetta
Via di Ripetta 231
00186 Roma (RM)
With the enormous growth of Big Data, especially from Internet of Things (IoT) devices, now is the time to start planning for and building skills and infrastructure in Artificial Intelligence (AI) to transform BI and analytics in support of Decision Making in your business.
AI has had a long, chequered history. Multiple periods of over-optimism have been followed by “AI Winters” since the 1950s. Today, AI has come of age and is being embedded in mainstream technology from cars to call centres, and smartphones to analytic systems. With the IoT instrumenting the physical world and social media doing the same for society, a massive deluge of data is driving extensive uptake of AI. It all suggests that this “AI Summer” is not going to fade.
Under a range of names-deep learning, autonomous vehicles, cognitive computing, robotics, algorithms and more-AI, combined with Big Data, IoT and automation, offer both the threat and the promise of revolutionising all aspects of IT, business and, indeed, society.
What do you need to know about them?
How should you prepare for and react to their growing importance in your business and IT environments, especially in their likely transformation of decision-making support?
In this one-day seminar, Dr. Barry Devlin builds upon his two-day “From Business Intelligence to Digital Business: Architecture and Technologies” course to enable you to take full advantage of emerging AI technology.
Starting from familiar computing paradigms such as programming, operational systems, databases, analytics and Business Intelligence, we explore the relationship between Big Data and many types of deep learning.
We position traditional and emerging BI tools and techniques in the practical application of AI in the business world. Extrapolating from the rapid growth of AI and IoT in the consumer world, we see where and how it will drive business and likely impact IT.
Based on new models of Decision Making at the organisational and personal levels, we examine where to apply augmentation and automation in the roll-out of AI.
Finally, we address the ethical, economic and social implications of widespread adoption of Artificial Intelligence.
What you will learn
- What is AI? A brief history and explanation of its evolution, key concepts, and terminology
- Understanding how IoT and social media enable AI as the new driver of business value
- A comprehensive architecture and framework spanning from traditional BI to AI and beyond
- Approaches to applying AI to Decision Making-augmentation vs. automation
- Implications of AI, social media, and IoT for the IT department
- New technology solutions needed to build out business applications of AI and IoT
- Evolving from today’s BI to future AI-based solutions
- Ethical, economic, and social considerations for your business and beyond