Outsourcing Contract Management and Metrics:
A Successful Partnership
by David Herron
This workshop will focus on establishing service levels for a variety of Application Development, Enhancement and Maintenance outsourcing arrangements, including: selected software projects and applications, application maintenance contracts and large, organizational-wide application portfolio outsourcing.
Service levels need to be established that will show the value provided to the customer and reflect a positive return on investment for the outsource provider.
Establishing a benchmark of performance and then linking reasonable, business driven service level metrics that monitor that level of performance is the essence of a successful partnership.
What you will learn
- How to establish service level measures to support strategic business and technical goals
- An effective method to assess software process performance levels and compare to industry benchmarks
- How to execute three key steps for establishing well focused, meaningful software application outsourcing service level metrics
- Understand how to successfully execute the ongoing collection of metrics and monitoring of service levels
- Learn techniques and templates used by today's successful outsource providers
- Understanding current trends in outsourcing
- Strategically positioning the outsourcing relationship
- Components of the outsourcing agreement
- Identification of what to outsource
- Creating application specific service level measures
- Baselining current levels of performance
- Linking performance to industry standards
- Monitoring service level performance
- Service level measures for maintenance applications