Advanced Web Applications Design
by James Hobart
Presents the latest developments and techniques for Web-based application design.
This class is designed to teach tips, tricks and helpful hints that ensure a more effective user interface, even to the most Senior GUI Designer.
What you will learn
Upon completion of the seminar, attendees will be able to:
- Discuss advanced principles of Web Applications Design
- Identify the components of an effective Web-based application
- Learn how to identify, capture and utilize Visual Design Patterns
- Apply solid GUI Design principles to complex applications
In addition, attendees will work on complex problems and apply Rapid Application Development (RAD) techniques.
This seminar will also introduce our unique approach to creating and implementing Visual Design Patterns to address complex application design issues.
We will also discuss multimedia and mobile applications and how they impact the effectiveness of the user interface.
- Advanced Web Primer
- Exercise: Evaluate several complex Web applications
- Advanced layout principles
- Exercise: Creating a complex set of layouts for a banking application.
- Advanced navigational models
- Exercise: Create a navigational model for a complex application.
- Visual Design Patterns
- Transactional Design Patterns
- Lab: Apply patterns to solve a complex design problem
- Use-case driven design
- Exercise: Create use cases for a Web-based application
- Corporate portal design
- Case Study: Selecting a portal solution
- Emerging Web Technologies
- Handheld Usability
- Lab: Design a mobile phone application
- Course conclusion