Designing for Usability
Learn how to define user goals and Business needs while applying proven design techniques to ensure highly usable and successful applications.
These are the same techniques being used successfully on real projects for many of our Global 2000 clients and large government organizations. Implementing a successful design process can mean the difference between success and failure in the coming years.
Learn from the experts who have been delivering success in this field for over a decade!
We will show you how to apply a proven process for identifying true user requirements, developing and validating conceptual models, and creating designs that are highly usable. We back up our design recommendations with solid research performed in our digital usability lab and will provide you actual video of users in action to bring home to your design teams to further reinforce the seminar material.
We will show you how to adopt a user-centric perspective and learn how customer-centered design can transform your organization.
What you will learn
- To develop a detailed understanding of your users through task analysis, mental models, and user profiles
- To determine the best information architecture for your users
- To proper layout and design techniques
- To learn new design modeling techniques
- To create and implement in-house Web standards
- To plan and conduct and effective usability test
- To implement net-database and e-Commerce designs
- To design more successful applications
- To validate and defend important design decisions
- Usability Primer
- Layout and Design
- Visual Design Modeling
- Navigation Modeling
- Visual Design Patterns
- Usability Testing
- Creating Effective Web Design Standards