BUSINESS TAXONOMY DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
Achieving Successful Knowledge Management in Your Organization
This two-day seminar will focus on information categorization using Business Taxonomies. Today’s Business users work with a range of Portals, Document Management systems, and Content Management tools designed to provide access to information. However, that information is of little value if users can’t find what they need. Business Taxonomies can provide solutions to an organization’s Knowledge Management challenges. Although the concept of Taxonomies is not new, organizations are beginning to focus increased attention on the design and development of intuitive and sustainable Taxonomies that will serve their end users by making it easy to find the information they need in a single place. Today’s users have come to expect a simple way to both search and browse for their information, but still many organizations do not know where to begin in the design of such a system.
This seminar will focus on the design and Management of Business Taxonomies for the storage of information within these systems, as well as for the overall findability through search and browse of the information your end users seek. The seminar will also discuss how consistently applied Taxonomy and Metadata schemes may be used for system interoperability and advanced navigation such as faceted browsing.
This seminar will also identify the major barriers to successfully implementing a Business Taxonomy and will cover Taxonomy Best Practices, Case Studies, and implementation methodologies. The seminar will also focus on Metadata strategy and design, offering additional faceting and flexibility for today’s systems. In addition, this workshop will define the keys to successful Knowledge Management governance to ensure that all your organization’s efforts are conducted in a consistent and sustainable manner. Finally, the seminar will detail a methodology for designing your own organization’s Business Taxonomy and will give hands-on examples of Taxonomy workshop exercises and techniques.
What you will learn
- How to design and sustain Business Taxonomies within your organization
- The value of Taxonomies and Metadata
- Best Practices for successful implementation and adoption.
- The various approaches organizations have used to develop Taxonomies
- The common mistakes organization make in developing Taxonomies
- BestPpractices for governance of your Knowledge Management projects
- How to get started developing your own organization’s categorization structure
- Introduction to Taxonomies
- Project Methodologies
- Project Case Studies
- Project Risks and Mitigation Strategies
- Knowledge Management Governance Best Practices
- Using Analytics to Design and Evolve Your System
- Taxonomies and Metadata as Part of Web 2.0
- Supporting Metadata Design and Best Practices
- Running Taxonomy Design Workshops For Your Organization
- Specific Examples from Various Organizations will be used throughout the presentations to illustrate the various challenges and topics