Data Modeling Masterclass
Sharpen Your Data Modeling Skills!
Do you already know data modeling basics and want more? Take the Masterclass! You will first apply a Best Practices approach to building and validating data models through the Data Model Scorecardtm, a tool for improving data model quality. Next we focus on a collection of intermediate and advanced modeling techniques, including advanced normalization and enterprise data modeling. The final section contains guidelines used to gain consistency across our data models in areas such as in abstraction and whether to star schema or snowflake.
Each participant will receive a copy of all presentation material and a copy of the 2nd edition of the book “Data Modeling Made Simple”, by Steve Hoberman.
What you will learn
- How to apply the Data Model ScorecardTM
- Advanced normalization rules and limitations of the logical data model
- A value-driven approach to building the enterprise data model
- Techniques for converting a logical into a physical design
- Factors to consider in deciding whether to Star Schema or Snowflake
- Three key questions to ask yourself before you abstract
- When to use a surrogate key
- Overview to the Data Model ScorecardTM
- Intermediate and Advanced Data Modeling Techniques
- Data Modeling Guidelines