International Summit 2010
on Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
Extending the Reach and Scope of Business Intelligence
by Mike Ferguson, Colin White, Merv Adrian, Rick van der Lans, Jos van Dongen download a PDF brochure
Economic pressures are forcing companies to become more innovative while also trying to reduce costs and leverage their BI and Data Warehousing investments. In this tough climate, the information-driven Business is key to success and organizations are looking to extend the application scope and user reach of analytics for Business Decision Making. However, information is growing at a phenomenal rate with many companies now talking about supporting and managing petabyte data systems. In parallel with these issues, the rate of change in information-related technologies and products continues unabated.
Vendor consolidation and failures, and the emergence of lower-cost solutions and new deployments models such as Open Source and Cloud Computing make developing a flexible IT strategy for Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing a daunting task. This Conference examines the latest state of the art in Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and Data Management, and takes a detailed look at the key technologies that will be driving next generation systems that support the Information-Driven Business.
Topics that will be covered include:
- BI and Data Warehousing Status Report
- Comparison of the Main BI Vendor Product Stacks
- Business Analytics: Beyond the Traditional DBMS
- Open Source Solutions: Ready for Prime Time?
- Business Analytics and Unstructured Data
- The Data Delivery Platform – An Update
- Next Generation BI/DW Solutions: Choosing the Right Options
- Using Collaboration to Extend the Reach of BI
- Data Mining and Predictive Analytics: Tools, Techniques and Case Studies
- Operational BI and Data Integration: Ten Mistakes to Avoid
- Capturing, Integrating and Analyzing Web Data