Hot Topics in Business Intelligence
The speed with which the BI world evolves is mind boggling; developments move so fast that many organizations can't see the forest for the trees anymore and have trouble keeping up. Freeing up extra time to keep up with current developments in BI methodology, tools and technology is usually not a top priority, but organizations that do this anyway often quickly reap the benefits of it.
For instance, did you know that there is a new generation of analytical databases available that are both many times faster and a lot cheaper than traditional database systems? Not only cheaper in terms of licensing, but also in terms of management. Or, are you aware of the fact that new tools for visual analysis enable your users to gain new insights in a matter of seconds and are very easy to learn and use? New project management methodologies like Agile BI can help you to reduce the time to market for your management reports, and modeling techniques like Data Vault enable you to build a more solid and trustworthy Data Warehouse.
This two day, high paced, interactive seminar will bring you up to speed quickly on recent developments in Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and Analytics. The impact and opportunities for your organization as well as the available tools and vendors will be covered in depth, including costs and risks involved with adopting these new technologies and methods.
What you will learn
- What are the current developments in BI and Data Warehousing (and why should you care)?
- Which new tools and vendors are available?
- How to validate the relevance of these new developments?
- How do I improve my existing BI environment without adding extra costs?
- Which knowledge do I need to benefit from these 'hot topics' in BI?
- Save costs and build better solutions using Open Source BI
- Speed up your Data Warehouse with Analytical Databases
- Using Visual Analysis tools for better insight
- Getting started with Data Mining
- Outsourcing BI: evaluating Cloud and SaaS solutions
- Faster time to market using Agile techniques
- Real time BI: virtual Data Warehousing and streaming data