Ken van Wyk
Kenneth R. van Wyk is an internationally recognized information security expert and author of the O’Reilly and Associates books, Incident Response and Secure Coding. In addition to providing consulting and training services through his company, KRvW Associates, LLC, he currently holds the following positions: Member of the Board of Directors and Steering Committee for non-profit organization, FIRST.org, Inc., Member of the Board of Directors for SecAppDev, and monthly columnist for Computerworld. Mr. van Wyk is also the project leader of the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) iGoat project.
Ken has 22 years experience as an IT Security practitioner in the academic, military, and commercial sectors. He has held senior and executive technologist positions at Tekmark, Para-Protect, Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC), the U.S. Department of Defense, Carnegie Mellon University, and Lehigh University.
At Carnegie Mellon University’s Software Engineering Institute, Mr. van Wyk was one of the founders of the Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT®). He holds an engineering degree from Lehigh University and is a frequent speaker at technical conferences, and has presented tutorials and technical sessions CSI, ISF, USENIX, FIRST, AusCERT, and others.
Free articles from this speaker...
- 2009 August - Developing Secure Applications
Past events by this speaker
- From 06/10/15 to 06/11/15 - Penetration Testing iOS Apps
- From 06/08/15 to 06/09/15 - Breaking and Fixing Web Applications Security
- From 03/26/14 to 03/28/14 - BYOD Security in a Modern Enterprise
- From 11/07/13 to 11/08/13 - The Art of Building Bulletproof iOS and Android Apps
- From 11/04/13 to 11/06/13 - BYOD Security in a Modern Enterprise
- From 12/06/12 to 12/07/12 - IDS-Intrusion Detection using Snort
- From 12/03/12 to 12/05/12 - The Art of Building Bulletproof iOS and Android Apps
- From 06/11/12 to 06/13/12 - Secure Coding: major Web attacks and how to defeat them
- From 11/14/11 to 11/16/11 - The Art of Building Bulletproof iOS and Android Apps
- From 05/12/11 to 05/13/11 - Developing Secure Apllications for the iPhone
- From 05/09/11 to 05/11/11 - Secure Coding: major Web attacks and how to defeat them
- From 11/15/10 to 11/17/10 - IDS/IPS: Intrusion Detection using Snort
- From 06/07/10 to 06/09/10 - Major Web Attacks and How to Defeat Them
- From 10/28/09 to 10/30/09 - IDS/IPS: Intrusion Detection & Prevention in depth
- From 04/27/09 to 04/29/09 - SECURE CODING: Building Secure Web Applications in Java/J2EE
- From 03/19/07 to 03/23/07 - Fundamentals of Secure Coding and how to Break Software
- From 10/02/06 to 10/06/06 - Fundamentals of Secure Coding and how to Break Software
- From 06/12/06 to 06/16/06 - Fundamentals of Secure Coding and how to Break Software